Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'm too old for this

I'm 31. I'm coming to the realization that I am old because:
1) I am enjoying gardening. Perhaps even pulling out weeds in a house I do not own. I currently have lettuce, pinto beans, brussel sprouts, long beans, peppers, cantaloupe, spaghetti squash, onions, carrots and tomatoes flourishing in my backyard. I also have a staghorn, 2 orchids, and 4 indoor plants that freshen the air we breathe. 
2) I can't get up without bracing my knee if I'm kneeling on the floor.
3)It takes me 3 days to recover from a weekend that requires me to be out of the house all day and going to sleep past my usual 10pm bedtime.

Brandon, Mia, Benton and Uncle Sean watching sesame street characters sing and dance
Which brings me to the weekend Brandons brother Sean and his girlfriend Stacy came to visit us. We got up bright and early on sunday and hopped in the car headed for san antonios Sea World. Yay! 830am in the car, I was yawning. We got there at 10am. I was thinking to myself. It's sunday! No ones gonna be at SeaWorld. Everyones gonna be in church. Eeeh. SO WRONG!
Mia on the carousel
 We met them inside SeaWorld and when we saw Uncle Sean and Miss Stacy, I told Mia to go give him a hug. She ran, a little weary. As she ran closer, Uncle Sean got bigger and then she just started to cry. lol. Poor girl. She didn't realise how big Uncle Sean was. It's ok, all was forgotten once he handed her the movie "Frozen." She warmed up fast. ;-)
 My adventurous little gal couldn't go on any of the rides, so while brother went with the others to go on some rides, Mia and I went and took pictures with Ernie, Bert and 'Abby Dabby,' as she calls her.
Photo op with Elmo
 We were there until closing, 530pm. Benton went on a big person rollercoaster. A watercoaster and he almost about wet his pants. I could tell when he came off the ride that he wasn't sure whether he should cry or be brave. He went with brave but he was sure to tell me that he wasn't' gonna do it again. I called brandon to tell him to make sure to hold on to benton as they went down. From the picture that I bought of them coming down, Brandon was clearly too scared to hold onto Benton. lol. I'm glad they were safe, but Bentons not going on another one for a while and that makes mommy feel alot better. I was a basketcase waiting for them for 50 minutes. I also got dragged on to a rollercoaster. I'm a no thrill, land based girl. Lets just put it at that.
Mia buried in the sand and loving it.
 We didn't get back till 11pm and the kids were FUSSY! They fell asleep in the car and I couldn't not shower them when we got back. So just imagine the amount of crying that happened waking them up to put them in the tub.
Benton and Miss Stacy
 The next day we headed to the beach. Beautiful day. Brandon asked me why I would put 100 SPF on. Later that day, he knew the answer. His back was as red as a lobster and he was in pain for the next 3 days. Benton has a little crush on Miss Stacy. He was hanging onto her every movement. She was a good sport about it all for sure.
Benton getting in on some burying action
 It wasn't pretty to go into the ocean, even though the boys did. There was like 2 ft of seaweed between the ocean and the beach. Gross. They went body boarding but didn't really catch anything at all. Even Mia decided that she wasn't gonna have anything to do with the water. She's always the one that jumps right in.
Splish splash. Mia is actually letting Sean hold her!!!!
 It's always fun going to the beach with the kids. They love it and it tires them out. They passed out on the way home.
Benton and Mia buried daddy in the sand!
 We got a babysitter and had a double date. We really only get the babysitter so that she can put the kids to bed. I'm too old and tired to do much else after 7pm, so we had to wait it out till past 8pm in order to have the kids asleep. lol
So what did we do after dinner? We went to gattitown, for me. Cause I like to play those games but really....I think the guys had alot more fun than they let on. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a huge day for everyone!
    Love the photos!!
    Miss those ankle biters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the smiles on those kids!!

    ReplyDelete