Folks, summers here. AKA NO SCHOOL! FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOMMM! I was really hesitating the start of summer because I find it hard to find things to do with the kids here when they DO have school. It's too hot here to play for more than an hour and a half outside. Ahh...theres nothing like basking in the ripeness that is South Texas.
 |
| Oh happy day! |
It's been 3 days since summer began and quite honestly, it hasn't been too bad! We sleep in, we play, we do whatever without too much of a schedule and it's quite nice. I have as of yet run out of things to do with them. Let's just not say that too fast right? I just do at least one "special" thing a day. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run out of "special" things here pretty soon.
 |
| shoving the construction action figure into his dumptruck |
There's been quite a few praises here as of late. Benton's legs were blistering up and I didn't have the foggiest idea what was causing it. I took him to urgent care, and even though he got antibiotics for the redness around his blisters, there was no definite answer as to what was biting him. Thankfully today, I was talking to my neighbor who just got back into town and she told me that her sons are allergic to mosquitoes and have the same blisters. It's an actual thing! At least now I am certain what it is!
 |
| After a dip in their pool, shes out playing with her G.I Joes. Yup, no barbies in this house |
Mias' praise is that both her eyes are seeing perfectly and she does not need to see the ophthalmologist again for another year! YIPPEE!!!
 |
| "I'm G.I Joe!" "No, I'm G.I Joe!" |
Brandons praise is that the etsy orders keep on coming in. Not in floods, and not in dry spells either. Gods timing is perfect as always. He never gives us too much to overload us, but enough to keep us busy.
 |
| Mia shelling her pinto beans |
Mias pinto beans are finally ready for harvest. She picked them and was so excited to help me cook them for lunch. This will be the first time she ate beans, and as I assumed, the last time those things ever enter her mouth. But she tried them and ate all of them. What can I say ;-)
 |
| Mias' pinto beans, finally harvested |
Oh by the way. Her names not Mia. It's Elsa, from Frozen. The other day at dinner, she turned to me and said "I'm princess Elsa...come on snowman lets go out and play.....(transitions into a song)...i'm so tired, I am done..........." HAHAHAHA. My girl, precious and sweet, fiesty and adorable. She's altogether growing too fast. Her legs are like ladders. She didn't get that from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment