Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Homeschoolin it!!!!

I'm reaching here. Really reaching. I've got patience the size of a booger, so my decision to give homeschool a chance over summer may quite possibly be disastrous. I mean, they're preschool, so I'm hoping that it won't be too terribly difficult. I had a perception that they would not take to it well especially since they seem to listen better to every other adult than me sometimes and also that they sometimes don't want to go to school. 
Day 1 of  homeschool
 Luckily for me, they LOVE it. So far anyways ;-) I guess I never really thought they would thirst for activities so much. Thirst and thrive on doing something other than play with their toys and watching movies. Benton hasn't stopped asking me for more work. The first day, we spent a good 4 1/2 hours learning, coloring, writing, painting. Mias attention span is a little shorter, so I have to adjust what I give her in the next week.
The only time in this horrid texas summer that we are able to enjoy being outside is in the evenings. The kids get into bed around 730pm so it leaves little time to really enjoy the outdoors since it doesn't start to get comfortable until 6pm. Thanks to my sister, Bentons silly face is always gonna be pulling his mouth as wide as possible with his fingers. And thank you to my mom, Benton now knows what a selfie is and has not stopped asking to take them. Also, my phone hasn't had a shortage of Bentons forehead. Summer is alot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I love my babies.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha how did i miss this post?!!!!
    i'm glad i've taught the kids well
    ahahaha

    ReplyDelete