Sunday, May 25, 2014

THIS. IS. WAR PAINT!!!!!

 Thank you to the genius of a person who created washable paint. Thank you! Brandon and I had to get a table finished for a friend and the kids were bored outta their minds. This is what happens when it is always sunny and you are ALWAYS outside. So....we got an old piece of plywood out, handed them the paint and let them loose.
Artists at work. Do not disturb
 Mia had a blast but Benton is really the one who LOVES to paint. He loves to color. He colors everything.
Where'd all the paint go?
 Granted Mia is still young, so she doesn't have the attention span to do any one task for much longer than 10 minutes. Except maybe eating.
The walk of a proud artist whose canvas is complete

'Texas hurricane' - any takers? Going for 1 million dollars
I have no idea why, but I love their paintings. They're sooooo free and unrestrained. That's the hardest thing to paint as an adult. To just paint whatever. To not be confined in your art is confining. To me anyways.
Lastly, I leave you with the coolest daughter ever. Yup. She's sanding a piece of wood with her sunglasses and tutu on. No shoes mind you. My fun loving free hippie daughter. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I also find it VERY difficult to paint abstract. I keep asking myself whats the end product. I love how kids are unrestrainted. They just want to use the paint! We must think too much.
    And boy, Mia sure loves her colours in her clothes!!!

    Did you hose her down in the backyard after she painted herself?
    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I def think we think too much! No, she had had enough being outside after a while so I gave her a bath. :-)

      Delete
  2. Another masterpiece by Benton and I like Mia's style! People can trend whatever they like but she is so comfortable just being herself:)
    My special angels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love how confident she is in her choices and she sticks by it

      Delete