One of their favorite parts of the week? Friday afternoons when they get to talk to their yeema/aunty Tiff! They instantly yell "Yeema!" when the skype bell rings. It's incredible the things they pick up and look forward to on a weekly basis. Some days they ask daily to talk to yeema or popo or Grandpa and nana. It's most amazing to me, that they have founded such a close relationship with tiff and aaron just over once weekly skype sessions. Their little hearts are so willing, if YOU are willing. They are so incredible at this age. :-) Makes my heart skip a few beats to know how much love they have.
They are growing too fast for me. Mias 2 1/2 in a couple of days. Bentons' batman sweatpants he got in January for his birthday are 2 inches too short. His legs are all together too long for his protruding burger stuffed belly.
In the past couple of months, hes taken to coloring and drawing. He's probably gonna buy out all the sidewalk chalk at Walmart here pretty soon. They're really into drawing around each others bodies and then coloring it in and decorating it to the characters on Toy Story. Buzz is their number 1 sidewalk chalk character.
Mia can sing her ABC's and count to 12. She's smart and remembers her friends from both school and sunday school and bible study and the gym. Its so intriguing to me how much their little brains absorb, while I forget where my keys are at on a daily basis. :-) They're ascending, we're descending. The beauty of life and the miracles God created for us. Which is something I need to remember more of, to bring my focus back to God and remembering to be thankful for the ups and downs in my life because He strengthens me through it all and never leaves my side. I know lent is a Catholic thing but giving up facebook for 40 days is a good reminder for me to focus on God, and less on the things that suck my life away. It allows me also to look into my childs faces more intently than just to discipline them every minute.
Spring break is upon us next week and I feel it's time to get this gal into big girl underwear! Perhaps my week off with them will provide that needed time to help her focus a little on peeing in the potty. I dread it SO much. But I'm sick of paying $80 per month on diapers and wipes. So have a cup of coffee or two for me next week cause this mamas gonna need it BIG time.
As they grow, they loose their innocence and I've had anxiety over this. I don't want them to be exposed to the terrible things of this world and their own personal sense of right. There's still one thing that strikes the beauty of their innocence. That van. Aih. That huge white van. They think it's the greatest thing in the world because it's a castle to them. They can see out the windows when we drive it. They are funny. And I prefer my Mazda.
"Weben"
How is it March already? And how is school out in less than 3 months? Nooooooooooooooo..........
Awww this is so cute. I miss those boogers. Its a lovely piece you have written val. Nothing highlights time than having children!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiff! There are days when all I want to do is just sit and days when I feel like I miss wayyyyy too much when they're right infront of my eyes!
DeleteAnd hey i like your challenge of facebook. Im going to do this for the entire time mum and popo is here! Starting on weds
ReplyDeleteYes! You're gonna have to email me pictures or something since we're all gonna be facebookless!
DeleteYou know Val, I think you are onto something about not spending too much time on Facebook! There are other things that take me away from what I should be doing and I think to myself how useless those things are. For me, it's those silly games! You'd be happy to know I have abandoned Candy Crush!! It just goes on and on! ARGHHH!!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you all, especially the kids and these few months I have not been able to get them more stuff because of the chemo. But I am looking forward to the trip because this Popo is going to shop for them!!! Can't wait till I hug them again!
Oh they don't need "stuff" they really really just love that quality time which you get to do with them on skype! :-)
Delete