Saturday, March 15, 2014

Finding Joy

Ah Spring break. Why do they call it that? It's not a break for anyone! Not for mothers nor their children. I'm a person of routine. I thrive on it and that does not work very well with the real world. It gives me anxiety because my day is not as I had planned when they are sick, or something comes up where in I have to change what I had planned. Not that I plan anything special but I hate the inconvenience of having to reschedule things. Several verses come to mind regarding both my anxiety and rejoicing in our circumstances.


  • Philippians 4:4: Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say; rejoice!
  • Philippians 4:6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    • I'm a pessimist which is something I have to work on everyday. I really shouldn't be because I have the Lord and He's blessed me beyond measure, but I am human (no excuse I know) and sinful and this world is just FULL of sin. It dampens my joy, it hurts me to the point that sometimes I can't sleep at night. 
    • But these verses in particular reminds me that yes this world is terrible but it is not my permanent home. I have to actively think when something brings me down, 'what joy can I see within this circumstance?' and 'Just let God know whats on your heart right now, specifically and I will just sense that peace!' So simple but SO very hard to do. 
    • With Springbreak and the ripping apart of my normal boring schedule, I've learned to relax. I've learned to sleep in. I don't have to get up two hours before the kids. I've been laying in bed until they climb in with me around 730am. Bliss. I've overcome another anxiety this week as well. Taking two toddlers who can't sit or stand still to the aquarium ...on...Spring break. And they loved it. Mia got kisses from a stingray and Benton was willing to wait an entire 45 minutes to see the dolphins perform. And that I rejoice! and give Him thanks! :-)
Another thing to be thankful for! Brandons been getting a few purchases from his etsy store!!Adams Elemental Design He's got an order to fulfill this weekend so that is exciting and I sent out a spice rack yesterday for him.


We said goodbye (except for at night) to the diaper bum. I'll miss that puffy bottom for sure but it's SO nice to not constantly have to change diapers. On the downside, she might get diabetes from all the candy she's getting for peeing in the potty. 

1 comment:

  1. Val, you are truly blessed.
    I'm glad you're sleeping in and waiting for your "natural" alarm clocks!! haha

    ReplyDelete