I'm not one to do things out of the blue. I like to plan, plan, plan and then plan some more. Nevertheless, after the gym saturday morning, we were chitchatting with Jacksons parents in the parking lot of Golds gym and said "Man, it's beautiful. I'd hate to waste this day." 3 hours later we were on the road towards our campsite at Lake Corpus Christi.
The kids were excited! We chose a tent site. This was going to be an all out rugged camping event. Oh wait....Rob packed a golfing net instead of a tent and only bought one of their blow up beds. Change of plans...STAT!So we opted for a canopy so that at least we would have shelter. Good one Roberto, good one.
We started that afternoon off by exploring a fort. The kids and dogs had a grand time running around and exploring. Mamas got a little weary of all those stone steps they were climbing up and down on. Phew, no incidents.
Benton is looking more and more like daddy every day. It's so amazing to see a little "us" tottering around. It's not always fun and games though when you see yourself in them. For example, Mia will tell me to "Hold my horses," whenever I tell her to do something and to do it fast. Yeah, apparently I say that alot. Go figure. And Benton...he won't stop for food if he's got toys around.
Excuse me while I am make up free in this picture. I couldn't bring my to wear makeup when we were "roughing" it out for the weekend. I can't begin to tell you about my camping phobia. I honestly LOVE camping but I just can't get over the fact that I have to use the public bathrooms. I'm kind of a restroom snob. I grew up that way and it hasn't changed. Not one bit. So camping is tough for me.
Daddy and daughter. So sweet!
They hang out too much with each other because when we asked them to take a silly picture, it's as if they could read each others minds cause all three of them did this instantly. Aih
The men
Locked up in jail ;-)
The kids were famished by 5pm so we grilled by the lake. AWESOME! Brandon whipped out his new camping grill. He cooked! What?
No, we didn't leave the pup at home. He did well actually and one of the reasons we lived through the night. Our neighbors were playing their music so loudly till 3am! It didn't bug the kids any though so at least they got a decent nights sleep ;-)
Cuddling together while the dads attempt to build a fire
The next morning we woke up and went "fishing" and caught nothing. That was awesome and it was windy. Cye and I ended up sitting in the van because it was too much of a hassle with the kids flapping in the wind.
Sad to be leaving
My sweet girl
HAHAHAHA! Hold your horses! that's so funny. what a little pepper!
ReplyDeletei see i've taught mia very well with her silly face!
camping's fun! what you had a toilet? wasn't it wee in the wild?!!! or were you glamping
Yeah shes got attitude! She's gonna be high maintenance. Well texas camping is different. There's a shower and toilet. I'd much prefer to go in the wild. I did at night cause I didn't want to walk to the bathroom!
DeleteSounds like a fun time even though you were without a tent. Miss Habanero is really telling you off there, Val! And Benton, I would be sad to have to tell him when I am leaving for Portland :((
ReplyDeleteyeah, it's rough on him now that hes older and realizes what distance means. He's not so easily distracted anymore.
Delete