We were pumped up! Ear Muffs aka Ear Muscles according to Benton, in hand, tickets in the other and two VERY, VERY excited toddlers. Benton had been in excruciating pain all day because he didn't quite understand why we had to wait till 7:30pm to see the monster trucks. I mean, they were already in town, so why did we have to wait? It was so sad because he didn't quite understand the concept of waiting THAT long.
Here's Daddy and Benton waiting for the monster trucks to start the show! So adorable with his ear muscles on!
Mia...SO tired because she decided to skip her nap that day. I'm pretty sure it was a lot for her to take in, with how many people were in the crowd and just all the activity going on!
Mia didn't want to hear her ear muffs in the beginning but once they started their engines, boy was she grabbing for those muffs! hahaha. I did get concerned about her cause her head is so small and the muffs didn't fit her perfectly yet they were SO incredibly tight on her jaw cause they were so big on her. Poor kiddo.
She started getting too startled about 20 minutes into it and I just couldn't sit there with her knowing that it was startling her. So I ended up taking her out in the foyer but the arena was open at the top so it was just as loud in the foyer. Brandon and I took turns being with her in the foyer.
When they started doing donuts though, was when the noise was really just unbearable and we ended up taking them home early.
I think if the stadium had been bigger and it was an outdoor arena it would have been a much better experience but you know what the first thing they asked me was when they woke up the morning the next day?
Here's Daddy and Benton waiting for the monster trucks to start the show! So adorable with his ear muscles on!
Mia...SO tired because she decided to skip her nap that day. I'm pretty sure it was a lot for her to take in, with how many people were in the crowd and just all the activity going on!
Mia didn't want to hear her ear muffs in the beginning but once they started their engines, boy was she grabbing for those muffs! hahaha. I did get concerned about her cause her head is so small and the muffs didn't fit her perfectly yet they were SO incredibly tight on her jaw cause they were so big on her. Poor kiddo.
She started getting too startled about 20 minutes into it and I just couldn't sit there with her knowing that it was startling her. So I ended up taking her out in the foyer but the arena was open at the top so it was just as loud in the foyer. Brandon and I took turns being with her in the foyer.
When they started doing donuts though, was when the noise was really just unbearable and we ended up taking them home early.
I think if the stadium had been bigger and it was an outdoor arena it would have been a much better experience but you know what the first thing they asked me was when they woke up the morning the next day?
"More Monster Trucks please!" Aihhhh
San Antonio January 2014! See you then!
From what you described, I felt could hear the loud engines roaring already!!
ReplyDeletePoor kids!