I have been thinking of how much Benton and Mias grandparents will miss seeing them grow as we once again move. You never realize just how nice it is to be that close to family until its time to leave. I thought it would be a nice little scrapbook to keep family updated with a blog. They are going to grow and they are going to grow up fast. Just today I thought to myself..."when did Mia start putting words together to form a sentence?"
Our journey officially began when we left Portland, OR. Onward and eastward to Montana to see Great-Grandma Adams in Bozeman, MT. THAT was an intense drive. We got up at 2am and was on the road by 3am. We didn't get there till 4:30pm but once we did the kids took to Great Grandma Adams rather quickly. Poor great grandma...she was so patient with the kids and their 13 hours of built up energy. It was wonderful for the kids to be able to play with Ashleys children as well. They all came over for dinner. It was nice to spend some actual time with them.
The next day we met up with Ashley and Whitney and their mom Bev for lunch with all the kiddos. Honestly the kids all did so well. Sweet Whitney took us for a hike to this one hill where the college kids at the local university made a big M with a bunch of painted white rocks. Brandon wanted to run up the steep trail. I said "You're crazy" lol...so instead we hiked a longer trail. Yup, Montana is pretty beautiful :)
After that, we felt we deserved some ice cream. Much needed by the way after not having worked out for a week. But HEY! I'm on vacation. I'll get back into shape once I get to CC, TX...right? RIGHT! We also then went to visit Great Grandpa Adams grave. I'm not great with explaining things to Benton and Mia or anyone else for that matter, so I was nervous about how we would explain where Great Grandpa Adams really is. Benton took it pretty well granted he probably didn't grasp the entire concept. He asked a few times but he was good with "Great Grandpa Adams is in heaven with Jesus." I'll will take that and run with it. :-) My sweet boy.
Next stop was Billings, MT to see Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Hamby! We got there just in time for dinner...we have perfect timing with that it seems! :-) Anyways, the kids were so excited to explore yet another new house. They even got to share a room together with a heated blanket! I'm always cold so I was super excited about MY heating blanket and I sure used it too! First things first though. Lets get to the point. The REAL reason we came to visit the Great Hambys was to play hand and foot. After the kids went to bed, snacks were opened, cards were on the table and it was the men vs. the women. Great Grandma Hamby and I won every single game for the next 3 nights. The last night we weren't so lucky but lets face it. Winning 3 of the 4 nights pretty much deems us the winners. So even if the men supposedly won the championship round, the women won. Its all about the entire streak not just one night, so I'm not bitter at all. ;-)
During the day, we'd take the kiddos to the park just up the street.
Then Saturday family came over and it was a blast. Great Grandpa bbq'ed a turkey and everyone brought along a dish. Food is always good ;-) I ate a bunch and so did the kids. Of course you can't just eat, you gotta follow it with some time at the park!
| Mia and Benton with Heathers husband Justin causing trouble in GGs vege garden! |
| Michelle, Robert, Heather and Justin |
| Mia showing off her tosh! |
| Picking at GGs sprinkler system... |
| I guess boys never do grow out of that kid phase ;-) |
| Mia laying claim on Heathers water bottle |
| And off we go.... |
It has almost been a month since you all left and yes, the distance surely makes the hearts fonder. The pictures are wonderful and this blog is a great idea to keep us all together.
ReplyDeleteEven though we used to gripe about the 5 hours up to Whidbey, that's nothing compared to a whole day of flying from now on to see you all.